Diocese Continues Preparation for Revised Roman Missal
At the start of 2011, the Diocese of Raleigh is unrolling a broad range of formation opportunities to prepare for the implementation of the revised Roman Missal on the First Sunday of Advent, November 27, 2011. A series of workshops is scheduled across the diocese, beginning January 13th, to help educate and form a deeper understanding of the changes that will take place and to prepare the faithful to welcome and pray with the new translation at the start of Advent (see full schedule below).
The workshop will be a multimedia presentation for Faith Formation Directors, Catechists, Teachers, Youth leaders, and Parish Liturgical Ministers. The sessions will include a video presentation by Msgr. Michael Clay, D. Min., Pastor of St. Ann Catholic Church, Clayton, NC, which will include a liturgical overview in preparation for the reception of the revised Roman Missal. The day will be broken into four sessions and will cover Liturgical Theology, Liturgical Spirituality, Ritual Prayer and the Revised Roman Missal and its changes.
It is offered at the following dates and locations:
- Jan. 13, 2011— Immaculate Conception, Wilmington
- Jan. 15, 2010 — Holy Family, Elizabeth City
- Jan. 22, 2011— St. Patrick, Fayetteville
- Jan. 29, 2011— St. Paul, New Bern
- Feb. 3, 2011— Our Lady of Guadalupe, Newton Grove
- Feb. 12, 2011— Our Lady of Guadalupe, Newton Grove
- Feb. 17, 2011 — St. Thomas More, Chapel Hill
- Feb. 19, 2011— Holy Cross, Durham
- Feb. 26, 2011— Sacred Heart Cathedral, Raleigh
- Mar. 3, 2011— St. Francis of Assisi, Raleigh
- Mar. 5, 2011— St. Peter, Greenville
- Mar. 12, 2011 – St. Stephen the First Martyr, Sanford
- Mar. 19, 2011— St. Mark, Wilmington
Please visit The Revised Roman Missal section of the diocesan web site for more information and materials.