Registration Begins for Catholic Convocation
Registration is underway for the 2011 Catholic Convocation, sponsored by the Diocese of Raleigh. The day-long event will take place Saturday, October 15, 2011, at Cardinal Gibbons High School in Raleigh. This year’s theme is “Love and Life in the Divine Plan.”
The Most Reverend Joseph E. Kurtz, Archbishop of Louisville and Vice-President of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops will be keynote speaker and Principal Celebrant. The Most Reverend Michael F. Burbidge will be Principal Concelebrant and Homilist at the Mass which will begin the Convocation. Simultaneous Spanish translation will be provided of Archbishop Kurtz’s keynote.
The program features 54 workshops and featured speakers in English and Spanish. Participants can choose up to three workshops. Among the offerings are the following:
- Dr. Paul J. Griffiths, Duke Divinity School - “Theology of the Body for Adults”
- Ms. Susan Vogt, Editor, Journal of the National Assoc. of Catholic Family Life Minister - “Raising Children Who Will Make a Difference”
- Sr. Joanna Okereke, HHCG, Program Director USCCB Secretariat of Cultural Diversity - “Cultural Diversity and the Whole Human Family”
- Ms. Chris Codden, Diocese of St. Cloud Marriage and Family Life Director - “Fully Engaged: New Pre-Marital Inventory”
- Very Rev. James F. Garneau, V.F., Pastor, St. Mary Church, Mount Olive - “Keeping the Catholic Faith Alive in the Bible Belt”
- Msgr. Jerry M. Sherba, Judicial Vicar and Chancellor, Diocese of Raleigh - “Marriage: ‘Til Death Do Us Part...’”
A complete listing of workshops and registration information are available here or by clicking the “Catholic Convocation” button on the left side of the home page.