Assistant Superintendent of Instructional Services. The Catholic Diocese of Raleigh, North Carolina, a growing, vibrant Diocese, seeks highly motivated candidates for the position of Assistant Superintendent of Instructional Services to serve as the primary diocesan official responsible for the instructional and support programs of the Catholic Schools.
- Coordinate diocesan testing programs including the NC Catholic Schools Writing Assessment
- Facilitate Early Childhood Center accreditation visits
- In collaboration with pastors, facilitate the annual performance review of directors
- Facilitate director meetings
- Revise the Diocesan NC Teacher Licensure Plan as needed and submit the plan to the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction
- Facilitate the licensure process for all licensed employees
- Facilitate the mentor training program
- Master’s Degree in Education from an accredited educational institution
- Minimum of five (5) years of successful teaching experience
- Minimum of three (3) years of successful experience as a principal/administrator
- Experience in curriculum development and instruction
- Ability to facilitate various size groups using facilitative leadership skills
- Strong writing and oral communication, planning, and organizational skills
- Ability to plan and present information to a variety of audiences
- Knowledge of current educational trends, methods, research, and technology
- Ability to collect, analyze and interpret data
- Ability to work collaboratively with others
About the Diocese:
The Catholic Diocese of Raleigh includes the 54 counties of eastern North Carolina, covering just over 32,000 square miles. The Diocese is divided into eight deaneries with a total of 96 parishes, missions and stations, seven centers for campus ministry and 31 schools and early childhood centers.
In addition to a competitive salary, the Diocese provides a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and long term disability insurances and a generous 403(b) plan.
To apply, please forward your cover letter and resume to Employment.Opportunities@raldioc.org. Posted February 11, 2014.
Coordinator – Office of Divine Worship. The Coordinator of the Office of Divine Worship manages the work of the Office of Divine Worship by assisting, supporting, and promoting the work of the Office, particularly, in the day-to-day carrying out of the work of the Office, Diocesan Celebrations, formation opportunities, and other projects and initiatives carried out by the Office of Divine Worship. The Coordinator reports to the Director of the Office of Divine Worship. The Coordinator position is a part-time, hourly, non-exempt position.
The Coordinator accomplishes the job through, but not limited to, the following duties and responsibilities.
- Supports the process of commissioning of Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion through maintenance of database, preparation and production of certificates and distribution of said certificates to pastors
- Maintain both hard and electronic files for the Office of Divine Worship, including music licensing reporting, parish liturgy/music contact database, and Office webpage
- Contact, either by phone or email, parish personnel to assist in implementing of Diocesan Liturgies, and other projects and initiatives carried out by the Office
- Handle phone calls, emails and correspondence directed to the Office, prepare vouchers for payment of bills, records and maintain minutes for meetings of task forces and/or commissions, maintain office supplies inventory
- Perform other duties, as assigned by the Director.
- Assist in the Coordination of Diocesan Liturgies by design and production of the Orders of Service, coordination of Liturgical Ministers, process of required/requested forms, and coordination of the preparation and distribution of Sacred Oils to parishes at the Chrism Mass
- Design and produce brochures, flyers, and posters for programs and events
- Process returns/RSVP, requested/required forms for registrations for workshops and formation opportunities
- Provide for copying and assembling of materials
- Must be a practicing Catholic in Good Standing
- High School Diploma
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Desired Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree with religious background
- Working knowledge of Catholic Liturgy and Music
- Working knowledge of the Spanish Language
To apply, please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Posted January 30, 2014.
Immigration Services Worker. Full-time position available immediately with Catholic Charities in Wilmington, North Carolina. Required Qualifications: Associates Degree; Bi-lingual in Spanish/English oral and written communications; Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people from diverse ethnic backgrounds; Skills in working with parishes and community groups; Proven computer skills including Word, Excel; Knowledge of and commitment to Catholic teachings and practices; Status as a legal permanent resident or U.S. citizen. Skills that may be developed during employment: Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA) Accreditation; Skills in use of web-based immigration software (LawLogix)
Send resume and cover letter supporting these qualifications to: Gary Skinner, Catholic Charities, 7200 Stonehenge Drive, Raleigh, NC 27613-1620 or e-mail to CatholicCharities.firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE. Posted January 27, 2014.
Administrative Assistant. The Administrative Assistant supports the Director of Finance and other department staff members.
- Maintaining computer files necessary for key financial diocesan committees
- Supporting diocesan, parish, and academic staff in the handling of property and liability issues
- Serving as the primary contact for risk management representatives when dealing with additions and deletions of diocesan property
- Working with parish finance staff members to ensure the timely reporting of quarterly and year-end budgets
- Ensuring the diocesan auto fleet is up-to-date by maintaining all necessary vehicle registration tags
- Sending monthly savings and loan statements to parish financial staff
- Overseeing the process for maintaining diocesan property exempt status
- Other administrative duties as assigned
- High School diploma
- Three to five years of administrative support experience
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to multitask and remain organized in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle confidential material
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong MS Office skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook
- Notary License desired
- State Insurance classes desired
To apply, please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Posted December 23, 2013.
Counselor. Full-time bi-lingual position available immediately; licensed clinical social worker or licensed professional counselor required. This is a mobile position in and around Fayetteville and Goldsboro, N.C.
Basic Qualifications: Master’s degree in mental health field with LCSW or LPC in North Carolina; fluency in spoken and written English and Spanish; proven ability to provide culturally competent therapeutic services; willingness to travel among multiple counties to provide services; knowledge of and commitment to Catholic teachings and mission; proven computer skills; status as a legal permanent resident or U.S. citizen.
Send resume and cover letter supporting these qualifications to: Wanda Collazo, Catholic Charities, 590 Cedar Creek Road Suite 110, Fayetteville, NC 28303-4721 or e-mail Wanda.Collazo@raldioc.org. EOE. Posted September 11, 2013.
Parish Programming Assistant. Part-time position with Catholic Charities. Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or Pastoral Ministry; 3 years Catholic parish social ministry experience; Bi-lingual in Spanish/English oral and written communications; Ability to work effectively within dynamics of parish life; Community development experience; Knowledge of and commitment to Catholic teachings and practices, and the mission of Catholic Charities; Basic computer skills (Microsoft office programs); Status as a legal permanent resident or U.S. citizen.
Send resume and cover letter supporting these qualifications to: Melissa DuCharme, Catholic Charities, 7200 Stonehenge Drive, Raleigh, NC 27613-1620 or e-mail to Melissa.DuCharme@raldioc.org. EOE. Posted September 10, 2013.
Parish and School Positions
Coordinator of Junior High Youth Ministry. We are seeking a person to serve our parish community in a part time position (30 hours per week) responsible for Junior Youth Ministry (JYM). Qualifications: Catholic in good standing, experience in youth ministry; leadership, organization and communication skills. Coordinator of JYM is responsible for the preparation and implementation of the program for over 120 youth in grades 6-8 by working with the Director of Youth Ministry and the Faith Development Team – staff, catechists, and parents. Fluency in Spanish a plus. Competitive salary and benefits. Contact JYM Search Committee, The Catholic Community of St. Thomas More Catholic, 940 Carmichael Street, Chapel Hill, NC 27514 or email firstname.lastname@example.org by March 14 for position available April 1. Posted March 4, 2014.
Childcare Ministry Specialist. An immediate opportunity exists for a creative, enthusiastic and collaborative childcare professional. The Catholic Community of St. Francis of Assisi in Raleigh, NC seeks a Childcare Ministry Specialist to oversee and expand the existing childcare ministry to meet the needs of the 5000+ households in this Vatican II parish.
The successful candidate for this position will be a practicing Catholic with excellent communication, time management and organizational skills and be a self-starter with creative vision for parish childcare and religious formation of the preschool aged child. Duties include training, overseeing, and nurturing volunteer staff and employees and creating learning activities. The Childcare Ministry Specialist will oversee existing child care programs, while assessing the needs of our growing Catholic Community to develop new programs as needed. This part-time position (20 hours per week) requires on site presence during childcare programs: evenings and weekends. The position has the potential to become full-time as the childcare ministry expands.
Candidates must have earned at least one of the following: Certification in Early Childhood Education or a degree in one of the following: Early Childhood or Elementary Education, Administration or Human Resources. Additionally, the candidate must have experience in administering programs for young children. For more information, you may view the complete job description by visiting Full Job Description.
Interested candidates should submit cover letter and resume by email to Cathy Ashton at Preschool.Search@stfrancisraleigh.org by March 17, 2014.
Buildings and Grounds Maintenance Assistant. The Catholic Community of St. Thomas More is looking for a candidate to assist with buildings and grounds maintenance for our church and school campus. This is a full-time position. General maintenance and landscaping experience is required. Candidates please send application letter and resume to the attention of Maintenance Assistant Search Committee, 940 Carmichael St, Chapel Hill, NC 27514, or email to email@example.com by March 10, 2014. Posted February 18, 2014.
Facilities and Business Administrator. St. Paul parish, located in New Bern, North Carolina, is searching for a Facilities and Business Administrator. Reporting to the pastor, this full-time exempt position is the primary person responsible for parish operations and facilities management and will support to the work of the pastor and the other parish ministries. Additional responsibilities include budgeting and financial management for the parish and school, personnel management for the parish and participation in parish and school committees.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field. Master’s preferred
- Practicing Catholic in good standing with a knowledge of church ministry
- Previous facilities management, plant management or operations experience
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Experience in the areas of finance, accounting, human resources and properties management
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Mr. Dick Dodson at 252-638-1984. Posted February 12, 2014.
Program Coordinator. Immaculata Catholic School in Durham, NC, has an opening for a Special Education Teacher. This is a full time position beginning with the 2014-15 school year.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Under the direction of the school principal, the special education teacher plans and provides for appropriate learning experiences for students with disabilities in a variety of educational settings. The person in this position is responsible for creating a flexible program and learning environment that provides specialized instruction for students with disabilities, such that the students benefit from the general education curriculum to the greatest extent possible when supported with supplemental aides, accommodations, and other needed supports.
ESSENTIAL TASKS: These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Provide direct and indirect instructional support to students in a positive environment.
- Employ special educational strategies and techniques during instruction to improve the development of sensory- and perceptual-motor skills, language, cognition, and memory.
- Instruct students in academic subjects using a variety of techniques such as phonetics, multi-sensory learning, and repetition to reinforce learning and to meet students' varying needs and interests.
- Teach socially acceptable behavior, as determined by the students’ individualized education programs (IEPs) by employing techniques in an overall positive behavioral support system.
- Modify the general education curriculum for students with disabilities based upon a variety of instructional techniques and technologies.
- Plan and conduct activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time that provides students with opportunities to observe, question, and investigate.
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining an environment conducive to learning for all students.
- Meet with parents to discuss their children's progress and to determine priorities for their children and their individualized educational needs.
- Confer with parents, administrators, testing specialists, social workers, and other professionals to develop individualized education programs (IEPs)(Service Plans) designed to promote students' educational, physical, and social/emotional development.
- Maintain accurate and complete student records and prepare reports on children and activities, as required by laws, district policies, and administrative regulations.
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects and communicate those objectives to students.
- Develop plans for effective communication, monitoring, and follow-up of students in inclusive classroom settings.
- Provide crisis intervention, as needed, for students and those in inclusive classrooms.
- Assist in collection of data for providing appropriate classroom interventions.
- Serve as a member of a multidisciplinary team as appropriate.
- Assist in preparation of data for local, state, and federal reports.
- Maintain professional competence by participating in staff development activities, curriculum development meetings, and other professional opportunities.
- Perform related work as required.
Interested parties should submit their resume to Barbra Murray at email@example.com. Posted February 4, 2014.
Parish Coordinator of Faith Formation. St. Therese Catholic Church, a parish of 500 households near Wilmington on the North Carolina coast is seeking a Coordinator of Faith Formation. Candidate will be a practicing Catholic with Formation in Catholic theology and experience pastoral ministry (MA, MDiv or equivalent). This person will serve on our parish ministry team to design and supervise Faith Formation of youth and adults, including ministry to youth and young adults. Job description is available.
Position open in summer 2014. Send notice of interest and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. St. Therese Catholic Church, 209 S. Lumina Ave, Wrightsville Beach, NC 28480; 910-256-2471. Posted January 16, 2014.
STEM Specialist. Immaculata Catholic School in Durham. The objective of the STEM Specialist includes the development and coordination of STEM integration into curriculum, the organization of STEM training (online and face to face for school), and the research STEM Curricula. The STEM Specialist will be required to attend selected training to enhance knowledge and skills. Other duties include planning pilots, developing implementation plans, plan and coordinate STEM conferences, activities, events and provide follow up.
- Master’s Degree: STEM field
- At least 5-7 years classroom teaching/coaching experience, technology integration into the curriculum/adult training
- Expert Knowledge in Instructional methodologies
- Advanced Skill in Word, Power Point, & Excel, database management
- Expert Skill in Tech. Integration
- Expert Skill in Teacher training and Development
- Expert Skill in Planning and Organization
- Middle School (Science, Math, Technology) NC Teaching Certificate M.S/M.A
- STEM area certification (completed or in process)
To apply or receive additional information please contact Barbra Murray at email@example.com. Posted December 9, 2013.
Director of Finance and Administration. The UNC Newman Student Center Parish has an immediate need for a Director of Finance and Administration.
Newman is a Catholic parish and campus ministry at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, which supports and serves the many undergraduate students, graduate students, and permanent members of our parish.
The Director of Finance and Administration is responsible for the management of finance, administration, facilities and general day-to-day operations of the UNC Newman Student Center Parish. This will include the extensive use of volunteers. Duties include daily cash management and electric funds transfers (EFT), accounts payable, payroll administration, manage all fund raising efforts and ACS/Raiser’s Edge system administration, provide operational and facility management relating to the building and grounds and all related office equipment, recruit, train and supervise all volunteer activities and scheduling in cooperation with Pastor and Staff, maintain parking contracts and permits for Newman and Activity Center and authorize temporary parking permits for both lots, and budget preparation, monitoring and monthly and year-end reporting in accordance with Diocesan requirements.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a closely related field
- Three to five years of experience in financial management and accounting, ideally with knowledge of non-profit accounting practices
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite particularly Excel, Word and Outlook as well as other software applications
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, discretion, diplomacy, and judgment
To apply, please forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will be accepted through the deadline of January 1, 2014. No calls please. Posted December 2, 2013.
Director of Music. St. Jude the Apostle Parish/St. Mary Gate of Heaven is seeking an individual to lead and grow our music programs. The parish is in the process of purchasing a new hymnal and has set the purchase of a new organ as a major priority. This 20-hour, part-time salaried position will oversee our adult and youth choirs, cantors, and accompanists. This person will direct the adult/youth choir and will be responsible for 3 weekend masses winter/5 weekend masses summer, schedule cantors and accompanists for both winter and summer schedule coverage, recruit and grow our cantor program and adult and youth choir programs. This person will assist and accompany as a cantor or accompanist at funerals and weddings. Requirements include previous experience in parish ministry, understanding of the Catholic liturgy, leading assembly in song, choir direction. Skills include the ability to coordinate volunteers, cultivate the talents of all types of musicians, and experienced in organ/piano. Degree in music required and liturgy and sacramental theology a plus. Salary commensurate with background and experience. Fax cover letter/resume/salary requirements to 910-270-1424 or email to email@example.com by 9/8/13. Attn: Music. Posted August 16, 2013.
Operations Director. Immaculate Conception in Durham, NC, is seeking an Operations Director for the Parish. This full-time position responsible for leadership of all administrative, financial, personnel, facilities, stewardship, technology and communications of the parish and school. The successful candidate will have a track record as a self starter, strategic thinker and leader. This person will advise the pastor in all aspects of parish operations. A related degree with management experience is required. The ideal candidate will be an active, prayerful, confirmed Catholic committed to a life of faith in Jesus Christ and dedicated to collaborative ministry and an advancement of the parish vision. Spanish language and fund raising experience a plus. Competitive salary and benefits. Send cover letter and resume to Operations Director search committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Posted August 8, 2013.
Principal. Our Lady of Perpetual Help School, in Rocky Mount, North Carolina, fully accredited by AdvancedEd (S.A.C.S.) with a rich history of Catholic education dating back to 1939, is seeking a strong, dynamic principal beginning with the 2013-14 school year. The school, with a current enrollment of 125 in grades Pre-K through 8, is a vital part of Our Lady of Perpetual Help Parish and the greater community.
Qualifications for Position:
- Practicing Catholic in good standing holding or eligible to hold a North Carolina Principal’s license
- Possessing a strong sense of Catholic identity to provide spiritual leadership within the school
- Experience as both classroom teacher and school administrator in both elementary and middle school settings preferred
- Strong communication and leadership skills with ability to inspire a culture of teamwork required
- Excellent skills in finance, strategic planning, curriculum instruction, institutional advancement and technology preferred
- Creative, task oriented problem-solver able to see challenges as opportunities to make a difference in the lives of students, staff and community
To apply, send cover letter with salary requirements, statement of Catholic educational philosophy, references and resume to OLPHPrincipalSearch@gmail.com by June 14, 2013. For more information on our school, visit olphrm.com. Posted June 3, 2013.