Five Organizations Receive Diocesan Respect Life Grants
Five organizations in the Diocese of Raleigh have been awarded Respect Life grants to assist their work in upholding the sacredness of human life from conception to natural death. The Respect Life Grant process was established in 2000 to meet the needs of various Respect Life initiatives, with funds allocated from the Bishop’s Annual Appeal. A diocesan committee, under the auspices of the Diocese of Raleigh Office of Peace, Justice and Respect Life reviews the grant requests and submits its recommendations to Most Reverend Michael F. Burbidge.
The 2010 Respect Life Grant recipients are:
- Creative Choices Crisis Pregnancy Center, Outer Banks for materials to begin using their recently purchased ultrasound machine.
- People of Faith Against the Death Penalty, Tar River, Albemarle and Cape Fear Deaneries to further educate the Catholic population on the moral and theological issues of the death penalty.
- Project Rachel, Diocesan- wide to help cover retreat expenses for those suffering post-abortion trauma.
- Teens for Life, Cape Fear Deanery for the purchase of materials in support of its mission to be public witnesses for life in public events throughout the Deanery.
- Voces Latinas, Cape Fear Deanery to support and strengthen the organization’s prenatal and postpartum program which serves the Latino community.
The Office of Peace, Justice / Respect Life works to promote respect for human life from conception to natural death, to bring about a conversion of heart and mind to be open to God’s special gift of life. Varied Respect Life Groups may focus their energy on one particular aspect of life, however, all do so in the context of the Church's mission to uphold the dignity of life at all its stages.
For more information contact:
Respect Life Office
Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Raleigh, Inc.
715 Nazareth St.
Raleigh, NC 27606