Respect Life Sunday to be Celebrated October 4
Sunday, October 4 is Respect Life Sunday in the United States, highlighted in many dioceses by liturgies and special events that day and throughout the month. Most Reverend Michael F. Burbidge will celebrate the annual Respect Life Mass in the Diocese of Raleigh at Saint Ann Church in Fayetteville at 11:00 a.m.
This year’s theme is “Every Child Brings Us God’s Smile.” The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops Secretariat for Pro-Life Activities produces resource material for parishes and families which focus on human life issues. In addition to the poster, which brings the theme to life, this year’s material includes brochures on:
- Where Do We Go From Here? The Challenge of Building a Culture of Life. (Cardinal Justin F. Rigali)
- Why You Matter: A Reflection on Human Dignity. (Rev. John Bartunek, LC)
- Addressing Infertility with Compassion and Clarity (Rev. J. Daniel Minding, OFM CAP)
- Contraception: The Fine Print (Susan E. Wills. Esq.)
- Assisted Suicide: “Death by Choice”? (Rita L. Marker, Esq.)
- The Difference is the Difference: Sexual Difference and the Defense of Marriage (Rev. J. Brian Bransfield, S.T.D.)
The brochures, the poster, a program flyer and 2009-2010 liturgical guide with prayers for families and parish communities are available at www.usccb.org/prolife.