Prayers Requested for Seminarians During Summer Assignments
On Saturday, June 6, Bishop Michael F. Burbidge will ordain Vic Gournas to the diaconate in a 10:00 a.m. Mass to be celebrated at St. Luke Catholic Church in Raleigh. On the evening of June 5, Bishop Burbidge will be presider and homilist at a Vocations Holy Hour to be held at the parish. All are invited to join with the Bishop in prayers for vocations in the Diocese of Raleigh.
Mr. Gournas just completed his Third Year Theology and will begin his final year of formation for the Priesthood in September at St. Charles Borromeo Seminary in Philadelphia. (A story on Mr. Gournas will be posted on June 1 prior to his Diaconate ordination).
This summer he will be assigned to Saint Catherine of Siena Parish in Wake Forest.
Please pray for all of our seminarians who will begin their summer assignments throughout the Diocese and elsewhere:
- Vic Gournas – Saint Catherine of Siena Parish, Wake Forest
- Brendan Buckler – Institute for Priestly Formation Program, Creighton University
- Juan Manuel Lopez – Saint Michael the Archangel Parish, Cary
- Don Maloney - Institute for Priestly Formation Program, Creighton University
- Michael Burbeck – Saint Mark Parish, Wilmington
- Nick Cottrill - Institute for Priestly Formation Program, Creighton University
- Ryan Elder - Institute for Priestly Formation Program, Creighton University
- Jonathon Baggett - Occupational Experience
- Alexis Barreto – Saint Mary Parish, Goldsboro
- Michael Schuetz – Occupational Experience and Pilgrimage to Fatima
- Edisson Urrego – Saint John the Baptist Parish, Roanoke Rapids