Diocese Awards Respect Life Grants
The Diocese of Raleigh has awarded Respect Life Grants to six organizations that provide service and assistance to individuals and families in need. The annual grants are funded by the Bishop’s Annual Appeal. They are awarded to faith-based organizations. All applications must be approved by the local pastor. The Diocesan Respect Life Grants Review Committee makes its recommendations to Bishop Michael F. Burbidge, who approves the funding requests.
The following decisions were agreed to by the Review Committee and recommended to the Bishop.
- St. Mary, Mt. Olive - $2,000 - Money for Natural Family Planning Instructor training - Fund $1000
- We Care Pregnancy Service Inc., Kill Devil Hills – $1,000 Money for baby supplies - Fund $1,000
- Albemarle Crisis Pregnancy Crisis Center, Elizabeth City - $2,000 - Money for educational materials and parenting supplies - Fund $2,000
- Catholic Charities - Cape Fear Region, Wilmington - $2,000 - Money for Family Support Services to Prevent Domestic Violence - Fund $2,000
- Centro Communidad, Burlington - $2,000 - Money for personnel and publicity to outreach to pregnant Hispanic women - Fund $2,000
- Catholic Charities, Fayetteville Office - Fayetteville - $2,000 - Money to increase services to pregnant women - Fund $2,000