Bishop Meets with Recently Ordained Priests
Priests of the Diocese ordained in the last five years gathered at the Catholic Center June 22, 2011, to meet with the Bishop and various staff members. The group meets approximately four times a year to discuss with the Bishop and each other the issues that affect them as priests and as parish leaders. The Diocese of Raleigh currently has six priests who have served fewer than five years:
- Father Vic Gournas is Parochial Vicar of St. Paul Parish, New Bern.
- Father Anthony DeCandia is Parochial Vicar of Infant of Prague Parish, Jacksonville. Father DeCandia will become Pastor and Campus Minister of the Doggett Center for NCSU on June 30.
- Father Romen Acero is Parochial Vicar of St. Thomas More Parish, Chapel Hill. On June 30 Father Acero will become Assistant Principal for Spiritual Life at Cardinal Gibbons High School.
- Father Marco Antonio Gonzalez is Parochial Vicar of St. Mark Parish, Wilmington.
- Father Michael Cassabon is Parochial Vicar of St. Patrick Parish, Fayetteville.
- Father Brendan Buckler, who was ordained June 4, will become Parochial Vicar of St. Catherine of Siena Parish, Wake Forest, on June 30.
Above: Priests who have served fewer than five years in the Diocese of Raleigh (left to right): Fr. Vic Gournas; Fr. Anthony DeCandia; Fr. Romen Acero; Fr. Marco Antonio Gonzalez. Not pictured: Fr. Michael Cassabon and Fr. Brendan Buckler.