Programs and Services
Our ministry is to be the two feet of Christ, carrying charity and justice into the world, often one family at a time. With one in five children living below the poverty level in our state, the needs far out-pace social reforms and available services to enable all to live with dignity. Catholic Charities serves without regard to religious affiliation.
- Family Support
- Hispanic/Latino Outreach
- Counseling (PDF)
- Adoption brochure (PDF)
- Catholic Charities has provided adoption and child welfare services since 1898. We assist families seeking either domestic or international adoption from an authorized placement source. Adoption services currently include: consultation on how to get started, pre-placement assessments and home studies, updates to existing home studies, and post-placement supervision. Please contact Sally Umbdenstock at 919-790-8533, ext. 24 or email@example.com for more information.
- Immigration Assistance
- Emergency Assistance
- Disaster Response
- Senior Pharmacy Program (PDF) - New Bern region only
- Parish Social Ministry Meetings are being held across the diocese.
- Resources to social ministry committees
- Coalitions to address priority community needs