"'I was in prison and you visited me.' These are the words of the Final Judgment according to Matthew the Evangelist, the Lord's words in which He identifies Himself with those in prison, words which fully express the significance of my visit to you today. Wherever someone is hungry, a stranger, sick or in prison, there is Christ Himself Who awaits our visit and our assistance. ... The Church has always considered visiting the imprisoned as one of the corporal acts of mercy, but this, in order to be complete, means fully accepting the prisoner, 'making space for him in our time, in our home, in our friendships, in our laws, in our cities.'" - Pope Benedict XVI at prison of Rebbiba in northern Rome, December 19, 2011. Read more excerpts from the Pope’s remarks about prisoners.
Diocese of Raleigh Activities and Resources
- Catholic Voice North Carolina
- Catholic Voice NC is the designated arm of North Carolina Bishops Jurgis and Burbidge to track issues and legislation (state & federal) important to North Carolina Catholics.
- Freedom of Choice Act Postcard Campaign
- The diocesan campaign against FOCA continues. Our voices are needed more than ever to defeat any legislation that supports FOCA. Please read more at the USCCB pro-life site.
- Retain Conscience Protection Regulation
- Catholics are urged to tell the Administration: Keep Conscience Protection for Health Care Workers. National Committee for a Human Life Amendment | USCCB Conscience Protection
Who are my Legislators?
For more links and general education see resources on education page.
Please contact the Office of Pro-Life with any questions about the above activities and resources: Jackie Bonk, 919-645-4438, Jackie.Bonk@raldioc.org.