Where Your Gift is Needed
"Inspired by no earthly ambition the Church seeks but a solitary goal: to carry forward the work of Christ Himself under the lead of the befriending Spirit. And Christ entered this world to give witness to the truth, to rescue and not sit in judgment, to serve and not be served." Gaudium et Spes
Your gift is needed to help continue to spread God's word and to help the ministries of the Diocese of Raleigh in Eastern North Carolina.
An unrestricted gift to the Diocese of Raleigh is a contribution upon which a donor places no restrictions. These gifts provide flexibility for the Bishop to meet the needs of our fast-growing Diocese. These types of gifts also provide the Bishop with funds for unexpected needs throughout the year. Unrestricted funds are extremely important because so many needs cannot be anticipated and do not fall within specific ministries.
A restricted gift is one in which a donor indicates that gifted funds should be used for a specific purpose. Below is a list of specific areas in which your gift. While the Bishop’s Annual Appeal supports some of the ministries below, you may wish to make gifts in addition to your BAA gift to support a specific ministry.
- African Ancestry Ministry and Evangelization: Your gift helps the Diocese create an atmosphere in which individuals of African descent can maintain their identity, heighten their visibility, and enhance their lives as Catholics. For more information, please visit: African Ancestry Ministry.
- Campus Ministry: Your gift helps to nurture Catholic leaders for society and for the Church. For information, please visit: Campus Ministry.
- Catholic Schools Office: Your gift helps to provide support for Catholic schools and early childhood centers to create quality education within a Catholic environment that fosters the current and future development of the whole child. For more information, please visit: Catholic Schools.
- Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Raleigh: Your gift helps to provide a wide range of services including advocating for social and economic justice as well as providing for those in need with emergency resources or direct services. Programs are available to individuals and families regardless of race, creed, religion, ability to pay. For more information, please visit: Catholic Charities.
- Child and Youth Protection Office: Your gift helps promote human dignity by creating and maintaining safe and healthy environments for all who come to us seeking an experience of the holy presence of God. For more information, please visit: Child & Youth Protection.
- Vocations: Your gift to vocations supports formation of Seminarians for the Priesthood, Candidates for the Permanent Diaconate, and the various efforts of promoting vocations to the Priesthood, Consecrated Religious Life and Diaconate. For more information please visit: Vocations.
- Evangelization and Catechesis: Your gift helps educate and form youth and adults in the knowledge and practice of their faith, strengthening their relationship to Jesus Christ and His Church. Ministries under this department include: Youth and Young Adult, Catechetical, Lay Ministry Formation, and Marriage and Family. For more information please visit Evangelization & Catechesis.
- Hispanic Ministry: Your gift provides funding for faith formation programs for children, youth and adults, support of parishes establishing bilingual or Spanish language programs, and support for pre-matrimonial workshops and retreats for married couples. For more information, please visit: Hispanic Ministry.
- Home Mission Society: your gift supports the construction of mission churches and chapels in the mission areas of the Diocese of Raleigh. For more information, please visit: Home Mission Society
- Diocesan Priest Retirement Fund: We have been blessed with many men who choose a life of sacrifice to serve the Lord and the needs of all in our Diocese. When these men retire from active service, we, as people of God, are called to help support them in their retirement years so that they may live out those years free of anxiety of how their basic needs will be provided. Your gift helps to provide retirement pay for these men of God.
To learn more about ways to give to the Diocese of Raleigh, its parishes, schools, ministries and Catholic Charities please contact the Office of Stewardship and Advancement at (919) 821-9721, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.