The Catholic Diocese of Raleigh, North Carolina, a growing, vibrant Diocese, seeks highly motivated candidates for the position of Senior Administrative Assistant.
The Senior Administrative Assistant executes a variety of routine and complex administrative duties in joining supporting of day-to-day responsibilities of both the office of CFO/CAO. This position assists with confidential issues, including maintaining sensitive documents and information, uses discretion and tact when greeting visitors, receiving telephone calls and information requests. Additionally, this position is heavily focused on verbal and written communications, calendar management and graphical presentations. This position will have extensive contact with individuals inside and outside the organization. Individual must have poise in communicating with the Bishop and his senior staff as well as with Pastors, Parish Priests and other Church leaders, both on the telephone and in person.
- Administrative and project management duties including complex calendar management.
- Perform tasks utilizing advanced organizational and planning skills including high level presentations, planning of department, Diocesan and other events.
- Interact frequently with Diocesan Committees and other senior leadership.
- Organize and prioritize large volumes of information using discretion when to involve others in the decision making process.
- Receive telephone calls and/or greet visitors in a confidential manner exercising good judgment, diplomacy and tact.
- Handle confidential and time-sensitive information, data, correspondence and reporting.
- Assist with special projects as assigned, coordinate activities and keep track of current status/progress, organize and expedite workflow, create reports, presentations, correspondence and memorandum.
- Associate Degree in Business Administration or Office Management with three to five years of office management or executive assistant experience.
- Outstanding communication, writing, and editing abilities with a keen eye for detail.
- A poised, professional demeanor and positive attitude.
- Resourceful, able to take the initiative and pro-actively form productive working relationships.
- Excellent computer skills, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must be highly organized, flexible, and possess the ability to work independently towards objectives with a sense of urgency.
- Notary Public desired
- Practicing Catholic desired
The Catholic Diocese of Raleigh includes 54 counties of eastern North Carolina, covering just over 32,000 square miles. The diocese is divided into eight deaneries with a total of 96 parishes, missions and stations and seven centers for campus ministry.
In addition to a competitive salary, the Catholic Diocese of Raleigh provides a comprehensive benefits plan, including medical, dental and vision insurances, group life and a 403(b) retirement plan.
To apply, please forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org