Hours per week: 15
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions
- Coordinate planning with parish staff, Parishioners, and the Nursery Advisory Committee
- Develop and implement Nursery guidelines, policies and safety plans
- Ensure Diocese of Raleigh requirements for background checks, Safe Environment and First Aid training are completed by nursery staff and volunteers as needed
- Schedule paid Nursery assistants and Youth assistants to ensure coverage for Nursery care for scheduled operations
- Order and inventory materials and supplies for the Nursery
- Document nursery attendance and prepare quarterly reports for the Pastor and the Nursery Advisory Committee
- Develop and manage an annual budget
- Complete an annual plan for the PAC and provide reports as requested
- Supervise and direct nursery staff and volunteers during nursery operations
- Prepare a monthly calendar with lesson plans for each Sunday to include a bible lesson or teaching on the Catholic faith with a craft at an age appropriate level for toddlers and preschoolers
- Update the Sacred Heart Nursery website information, prepare eblasts and emails to the Parish and registered nursery parents
Supervises (if applicable, list positions supervised by this position)
- Nursery Assistant
- Nursery Volunteers
Education: Associate’s Degree
Work Experience: Minimum 2 years’ experience working with young children in a classroom-type environment
Certification: Must hold current American Red Cross Certification for Basic First Aid/CPR for Infants and Children.
Schedule: Ability to commit 15 hours a week including Sundays 9:00 a.m. – 12:30; Fridays 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.; Tuesdays 9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. and other scheduled events as needed.
Must also submit to and pass Diocese required criminal background check for working with Youth; complete Safe Environment Training through the Diocese of Raleigh
- Ability to work well with children, volunteers, parents, and Parish staff in conducting Nursery Ministry programs.
- Experience with or knowledge of child development and developmentally appropriate activities for young children, ages 12 months through 36 months.
- Experience in or willingness to develop Christ centered programs to teach and nurture young children in their Catholic faith formation.
- Coordinate and document staff and volunteer scheduling.
- Strong communication, planning and organizational skills.
- Computer skills including Word, Email and Excel.
Position Start Date: 12/01/2017
Send resume and letter of interest to Jeanne.email@example.com.